Job Posting: Managing Producer (part-time)
ITSAZOO Productions is Hiring a Part Time Managing Producer
ITSAZOO Productions creates immersive, dynamic theatre events for daring audiences. We support this with four core values: Immersion, Risk, Fun, and Community. Whether it’s a fly-on-the-wall, immersive experience or a participatory, site specific event, we can create theatre for anyone, anytime, anywhere. We don’t want our audience to just watch the story. We want our audience to experience the world of the story; to live through it.
Founded in 2006, ITSAZOO is a Vancouver based company led by Artistic Director Sebastien Archibald with support from Artistic Associate (and founder) Chelsea Haberlin. We produce one full production and have 1-2 productions in development each year and our annual budget sits around $100,000.
- Fiscal management including: annual budget, cash flow and working with a bookkeeper and accountant on financial statements;
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, producing on projects and workshops including but not limited to: contracting artists and production teams, venue rentals/site access and logistics, community engagement and accessibility initiatives.
- Fundraising including: collaborating on grant and foundation applications and an annual giving campaign;
- Administrative oversight;
- Coordination of long-range and annual planning in collaboration with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors;
- Fostering the development of good relations with other cultural organizations;
- Supporting marketing initiatives and social media presence led by the Artistic Director.
Other Possible Responsibilities
ITSAZOO has always been a collectively managed organization led by multiple artistic leaders. In the tradition of this collaborative model there is definitely room for contribution to artistic programming and planning based on the interest of the applicant. This is also a new role that can grow and evolve overtime as appropriate.
- Start date: June 1, 2021 (Could shift based on availability)
- This is a part time position. As we are a project-based company the work ebbs and flows. Hours will increase around projects and large grants. Overall the job will average around 35 hours a month.
- Fee: We are able to offer an hourly rate of $20/hr (up to maximum of $8400/Year) on a 1 year renewable contract. There is the option for this to transition from an hourly to salaried position after the first year.
- Candidate must be based in the Greater Vancouver Area or planning to be living in the Greater Vancouver area at the time of contract.
How to Apply
- We will interview short-listed candidates in early-May, 2021. Interviews will take place on Zoom.
- To apply, please email (with the subject line Managing Producer Position) to email@example.com by May 1 2021, 5PM PST:
- Your CV
- A letter outlining why you want to work for ITSAZOO Productions
- Two references
We hope to receive applications from candidates with a broad range of backgrounds including, but not limited to: race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender, gender-identification, sexual orientation, class and physical ability.
We thank all candidates for applying, but we only have capacity to contact those selected for an interview. For more information please visit us at itsazoo.org